Convening the Worldwide Community of Practice:
Improving the Quality, Safety and Value of Care for Newborns and Their Families
|Agenda/Program Overview |
|NICU Tube Fest
|Helping Babies Breathe®
Master Trainer Workshop
|Fees and Discounts
|Things to do in Chicago
Registration for the Vermont Oxford Annual Meeting and Quality Congress is officially open. This is a unique opportunity for neonatal caregivers
from every discipline to learn with and from visionary leaders, faculty members, and front-line practitioners from the U.S. and beyond, who are
deeply committed to the work of this vibrant community of practice.
We have assembled a world-class faculty, an agenda with cutting edge clinical topics, valuable formal and informal networking opportunities,
including our acclaimed VON Learning Fair poster session and some time for fun at the always popular Social Event– The Second City Improv Provides Comic Relief>
Our meeting will take place at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers and the room block is now open for hotel reservations.
Special Events - NICQ 8 & iNICQ Intensive Teams
2013 Agenda Highlights
Teams that are actively engaged in the VON NICQ 8 Collaborative and the iNICQ 2013 Intensive Track will come together to learn, share and improve
in a special meeting with a parent meet and greet, a welcome reception on Thursday evening October 3, 2013 and a day-long learning event on
Friday October 4, 2013. This event is reserved for teams already registered for and engaged in the VON Learning Collaboratives NICQ 8 and the
- Brain Injury in the Preterm Infant: Much More Than Just "Injury"
Joseph Volpe MD
- Epigenetic Effects of Early Maternal Interaction
Frances Champagne PhD
- Shifting the Paradigm: Virtual Video Visit to a Care By Parent NICU in Sweden
Uwe Ewald MD, PhD
- Searching For Quality Peaks in the Clinical Landscape
Jeffrey Horbar MD
- The Evolution of Evidence: When is Enough, Enough?
John P.A. Ioannidis MD, DSc
- Retinopathy of Prematurity: An Alarming Story!
Roger Soll MD
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: The Quest for Improvement
Madge Buus-Frank RNC, MS, APRN-BC, FAAN
- An Examination of the Evidence for Donor Human Milk
Paula Meier RN, PhD, FAAN
- Infection Prevention: Getting to and Sustaining Zero!
Janet Pettit DNP, NNP-BC, VA-BC, CNS
- Quality Improvement and Clinical Tracks With 28 Unique Breakout Sessions
The program includes 30 talented faculty, and brings together many of the leaders in clinical and quality science. Link here to access the
Call for Participation:
Posters, Videos and Apps for the Learning Fair / NICQ Tube Fest
We hope that you will consider sharing your work in Chicago. We are particularly interested in quality improvement briefs that link to the conference
themes such as:
- Neurologic outcomes or newborn brain care
- Innovative models of NICU care
- Care-by-parent or couplet care models / implementation projects
- Oxygen saturation targeting guidelines, compliance and outcomes
- Care of infants and families affected by neonatal abstinence syndrome
Social Event– The Second City Improv Provides Comic Relief
Sometimes laughter is the only medicine that helps! Join your colleagues for dinner, a healthy dose of laughter, and some celebratory dancing. All registered attendees can attend free of charge; however, you will be asked to reserve your space at the time of registration. Please see registration details for guest fees and click here to enjoy the video.
Helping Babies Breathe® Post-Conference
Sunday October 6 & Monday October 7, 2013
In support of the Vermont Oxford’s mission to improve global health, we are delighted to offer a Helping Babies Breathe® Master Trainer course, co-sponsored with the American Academy of Pediatrics. This course will convene on Sunday, October 6, 2013, immediately after the VON Annual Meeting and Quality Congress. The course takes place in Elk Grove, IL and includes a tour of AAP headquarters. Transportation to Elk Grove will be provided. Separate course registration and Helping Babies Breathe® hotel reservations are required.
The Vermont Oxford Network does not accept commercial sponsorship or displays for the Annual Meeting and Quality Congress.